Tim Mikkelsen's Arduino Projects
2020/03 Nokia LCD incubator
During the Coronavirus pandemic, while I was at home, I wanted to do some cultures. I made some agar and designed this incubator. It drives a relay to turn on and off a light bulb. The Nokia display is really optional and not needed for the project. I used an UNO board because it was handy and I expect the project to be short term.
The temperature settings are hard-coded in the Arduino sketch. I have it set to keep the inculbator between 28 and 34 degrees Celsius.
A fancier one could be built using a fan in addition to the light bulb. Also, this could be built as a very minimal Arduino mini and just the temperature sensor and relay.
- Arduino UNO or RedBoard or equivalent (Sparkfun DEV-13975)
- TMP 102 digital temperature sensor (Sparkfun SEN-13314)
- Nokia 5110 graphic 84x48 LCD display (Sparkfun LCD-10168)
- 9v wall power supply or equivalent (Sparkfun TOL-15314)
- 1 channel relay modulw or equivalent (All Electronics CAT # RLM1)
- 1x 330 ohm resistor
Total parts cost: Approximately $40